What Parents of Students with Disabilities Need to Know
Hey there! Are you the parent of a college-bound child with a hidden disability?
We totally understand the overwhelming stress and pressure you’re feeling to provide the best support possible for your child. That’s why we’ve created the College Transition Essentials course just for parents like you!
By joining this webinar, you’ll get exclusive insider knowledge and strategies that can help you support your child during their crucial first semester of college. We know that students with hidden disabilities face unique challenges, and our goal is to equip you with the tools and information you need to make a positive impact on your child’s college experience.
Hi, I’m Dan Jordan, a former accessibility coordinator and current therapist at an eastern university. I’ve seen what happens to students who lack the information, resources, and self-advocacy needed to succeed.
Students with hidden disabilities face more challenges than their non-disabled peers. They need support for three areas: advocating for their disability needs, academic skills, and wellness.
College Transition Essentials can give you, the parent, the basics so that you know how and when to support them in all three of those areas.
Did you know that 60% of students, when looking back on their college transition, wished they had sought more help to be better prepared? Plus, a recent student voice survey found that a whopping 75% of students with hidden disabilities experience “some” to “a great deal of stress” that affects their focus, learning, and academics.
But guess what? We firmly believe that with the right support, accommodations, and preparation, we can greatly reduce this stress and overwhelm. That’s why the course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and resources to help your child navigate college successfully.
So, what will you learn by attending this awesome 30 minute webinar? Here’s the scoop:
- Understand the typical college transition issues and how they specifically affect students with hidden disabilities.
- Help your college-bound student effectively plan for a successful first semester.
- Identify critical information needed for their disability advocacy.
- Get a handle on college disability laws and how to request accommodations.
- Transition yourself to a college mindset, as things are different from K-12 education.
- Recognize common pitfalls and discover the supports and resources available to help your child.
- Learn how to transition yourself as a parent to a new role and provide top-notch support to your student.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to gain the tools and information you need to help your child transition to college with less stress, accurate expectations, and the right support.
Take the course and empower yourself to make a positive difference in your child’s college journey.
I can’t wait to see you there!